« PreviousContinue »
232. Sir Andrew Freeport's Opinion of Beggars.
233. History of the Lover's Leap....
234. Good-natured Species of Lies-Account of a Free-
235. Account of the Trunk-maker in the Theatre..... ADDISON
236. Letters on cruel Husbands-on improper Beha-
239. Various Ways of managing a Debate.
240. Grateful Letter on heroic Virtue-Country Breed-
ing-Behaviour of a Beau at the Theatre.....
241. Letter on the Absence of Lovers-Remedies pro-
242. Letters on improper Behaviour in a Stage-Coach-
Story of a Lottery-Ticket-from the Guardian
243. On the Beauty and Loveliness of Virtue. .
244. Letters on Raphael's Cartoons-on Female Apes.. STEELE
245. Simplicity of Character-Letters on innocent Di-
246. Mischief of Mothers not nursing their Children... STEELE
247. Different Classes of Female Orators.....
248. On Beneficence, with Examples.
253. On Detraction among bad Poets-Pope's Essay
254. Letter from a Coquette to a new married Lady, and
255. Uses of Ambition-Fame difficult to be obtained.. ADDISON
256. Subject-Disadvantages of Ambition...
257. Ambition hurtful to the Hopes of Futurity.
258. Letter on the Theatre-on a musical Scheme..
259. On outward Civilities-Salutation at Church...
260. Letters from an old Bachelor-from Lovers....
262. The Spectator's Success-Caution in Writing-
announces his Criticism on Milton.....
263. Letters on the relative Duties of Parents and Chil-
dren-between a Mother and Son......
264. On living in a particular Way-Character of Irus-
Letters from Estcourt-from Sir Roger
265. Female Head-dress-Will Honeycomb's Notions
266. Miseries of Prostitution-Arts of Procuresses.
267. Criticism on Paradise Lost...
On choice in Marriage-from a heedless Gazer-
on Hoods-an Oxford Toast-on patching..
269. Visit from Sir Roger-his Opinions on various
271. Letters from Tom Trippit, complaining of a Greek
Quotation-soliciting a Peep at Sir Roger from
272. Letters from Cleanthes on a Mischief-making old
Maid-from E. G. on Kissing-Hoods....... STEELE
273. Criticism on Paradise Lost.
274. On Seducers-Procuresses-Letter from one.... STEELE
275. Dissection of a Beau's Head........
276. Letters on Delicacy in the Censure of Vices-from
an affected Lady-a Kept-Mistress-a Quaker STEELE
277. Remarks and Letters on French Fashions
278. Letters from a Shopkeeper on his Wife's Greek—
Private Marriage-Musical Plan..
279. Criticism on Paradise Lost
283. On the Art of growing rich..
284. Affectation of Negligence-of Business-Letter
from the Parish Clerk on Evergreens
285. Criticism on Paradise Lost...
286. False Delicacy-Defence of the Spectator's Cen-
sure of public Vices-Complexions
287. On the Civil Constitution of Great Britain,
288. Description of Male Jilts...
Letter from an Author turned Dealer.
289. Reflections on Bills of Mortality-Story of a
on the general Notion Men have of the
299. Letter from Sir John Envil, married to a Woman
300. Indelicate Conversation-Conversation with the
Fair Sex--Inconstancy of Friendship-Criti-
290. Tragedy of the Distressed Mother-Letter from
Sophia in love with a short Face...
291. Criticism on Paradise Lost...
292. On the Art of bestowing Favours-Letter of
Pliny-Letter from a poor and proud Jezebel UNKNOWN
293. Connexion betwixt Prudence and good Fortune-
Fable of a Drop in the Ocean..
294. On Want of Charity in the Wealthy-Charity
on Pin-Money-Reflections on that Custom ADDISON
on Greek Mottoes-the Use of the Win-
dow-soliciting Advice-Lampoons — Good-