With brevity, depth, and accessibility, this book helps readers to appreciate the works of John Milton, and to understand the great influence they have had on literature and other disciplines.
- Presents new and authoritative essays by internationally respected Milton scholars
- Explains how and why Milton’s works established their central place in the English literary canon
- Structured chronologically around Milton’s major works
- Also includes a select bibliography and a chronology detailing Milton’s life and works alongside relevant world events
- Ideal as a first critical work on Milton